Sunday 20 April 2014

TIME HEALS ?

" Time heals... "

I have often found myself on the giving end of this particular advice. I've often been the shoulder my friends used to cry on... and I've time and again assured them, "time heals."

But does it really heal? Does it really heal all your pain and worries? Does it really erases all your wrong-doings? Does it really make you the way you were before you were shattered into pieces? If you are looking at me expectantly for answers, then forgive me, for I too am looking for the answers.

There are certain things that take eons to heal, assuming time heals everything, though it may take a little longer. But what if right when the wound is about to heal, right when you are about to bury the skeletons and move on to a fresh morning, a new day... you are suddenly reminded of the murder with intricate details. How would that feel ? If you are a masochist, then definitely, it feels like heaven ( I suppose! ), but when it comes to normal people, how does it feel ? It feels like time is not enough to heal. You probably need something else too. What else? I'm still looking for it.

They say, when you hurt a girl, you kill a part of her. But what when you completely kill her inside - out, and then leave her for the vultures to prey on. Can time really heal that? I shouldnt compartmentalize the girls. I dont have the right to point out to the men. Its just a matter of timing. Or is it karma ?

Karma is that rubber-band which stretches for a long time, and then snaps right back on your face, and sometimes leaves a permanent mark on it ! Maybe it is karma. What goes around, comes around too. And now I know, it really is true.

All we can do is wait and watch if time really does heals.



6 comments:

  1. I am not so sure of what you say.Time may not heal but time blunts memory.Over a period of time when memory fades,the intensity of grief or hurt gets blunted.Imagine a world where the memory is always fresh with time playing no part.It would be the scariest.Time is a balm that soothes the grief or hurt.I do't know about crime committed on others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow.. that was very beautifully put. Time balms the grief, sure! and yes, the thought of memory not fading with time makes me shudder.
      I read somewhere, the intensity of grief is always lesser the next morning. so yes, things definitely get better the very next morning! :)

      Delete
  2. Time does heal but that's just not about it. The way we change for the better in that time also matters a lot. Say if a person holds some grudge against another person and doesn't want to change one bit, and he/she remains the same on purpose till the end, what do you think will happen? Obviously the issues will remain unresolved. So time does heal but only we want to be healed. Only if we want to forget and move on. Only if we want to grow up for the better.

    Of course, true that sometimes though all we want is to move on but still we get flashes of the bad times now and then. It happens because of our mind. And time has to once again start from the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, how could I miss that! The time taken by time to heal, helps you grow in so many diff ways, you learn and unlearn so many things, for betterment. I've grown up in so many ways every time I felt hurt. I've learnt new lessons and unlearnt old habits. but moving on is just a temporary solution, if the matter remains unresolved you can never really move on... rather just move away. A new chapter begins only after an old one ends.

      Remaining the same, just for the sake of revenge is too energy consuming... only kings and emperors of ancient period had the time and energy to invest in that sort of activity!

      and now in 21st century, we live in fastrack era, we just have to move on! :)

      Delete
  3. Time makes us realize that we r in a better place right now and are better this way.The memories become less piercing...new people come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes... true! time makes us see the reality, rather than looking at the world through tainted glasses. :)

      Delete